Introduction to FMEA Consulting
If performed correctly, a Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a highly effective methodology that will reduce defects and needless costs for your organization. If performed incorrectly, the analysis is a waste of time. That’s where Prolific Processes and Solutions FMEA Consulting comes in.
In today’s competitive environment, companies run very lean. Lean operation often translates into a lack of experience and expertise in all aspects of quality and reliability. The benefits of FMEA are subsequently lacking and management becomes frustrated with the process.
Prolific Processes and Solutions can create the FMEA process that assures the promised benefits of FMEA. We will assess, design and assist in developing and implementing your FMEA strategy and process. We specialize in utilizing best practices from multiple industries to provide a well-balanced FMEA solution for our customers.
Benefits of FMEA Consulting
It isn’t impossible to perform a Failure Mode and Effects Analysis without help. However, an unguided FMEA usually produces suboptimal results.
The FMEA Consulting expertise from Prolific Processes and Solutions benefits your organization by quickly applying our FMEA knowledge to your unique circumstances. We have acquired our FMEA knowledge by being in the forefront of quality and reliability, specifically FMEA, for over 10 years. With Prolific Processes and Solutions FMEA Consulting, your organization will realize the benefits from FMEA much faster. Benefits of FMEA Consulting include:
- Reduced number of post design release changes
- Reduced number of test failures at design verification and validation
- Process designed to your customers’ requirements
- Best practices and depth of knowledge significantly reduces false starts and long learning curves
There is no substitute for experience. An experienced consultant helps your company’s subject matter experts put the concept of this methodology into practice at its optimal level.
Methodology for FMEA Consulting
Our 4 step FMEA Consulting process provides a complete and comprehensive analysis. Here are the details:
- Assessment and Process Mapping of the current state
- Understanding your FMEA requirements
- Your industry expectations and standards and guidelines
- Resources available, time, technology and personnel
- Objectives and benefits that you desire
- Plan and design your beneficial future FMEA process
- Match best practices to your needs and desires
- Define the methodology to be used
- Provide formats, templates and procedures / work instructions
- Alignment to your product or process development system, when applicable – Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
Development of FMEA success measures
- Leadership Implementation and assistance of your new FMEA process and system
- Hands-on / real time expertise provided at your locations
- Clarification of key elements of the FMEA process
- Mentoring of leadership for improved likelihood of success
- Assistance in change management for multi-faceted communication of the new FMEA process
- FMEA Training is provided for each level of participants
- Technical Personnel and Engineers
- Expert users
- FMEA Project Support
- Facilitation of FMEAs to supplement your resources while they are in the learning curve
- Systems FMEA
- Design FMEA
- Process FMEA
- Action Mitigation Process and Management
Learn More About FMEA Consulting
Prolific Processes and Solutions offers Quality and Reliability Support for Product and Process Development through Consulting, Training and Project Support. Prolific Processes and Solutions provides Knowledge, Guidance and Direction in Quality and Reliability activities, tailored to your unique wants, needs and desires. Let us help you discover the Value of FMEA Consulting, FMEA Training or FMEA Project Support.